- 16/11/2016: The SWoOz platform is compatible with Pepper, the Softbank robot companion!
- 11/09/2015: Our Computational Cognitive Science paper has been accepted!
- 02/07/2015: The platform was presented during Innorobo on the Academic Research communities booth
- 29/04/2015: Our RO-MAN paper has been accepted!
- 21/04/2015: The Reeti robot is supported by the SWoOz platform! Check out the video
- Old news can be found here
SWoOZ is a research project funded by the program "Retour Post-Doctorants" of l'Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) during 4 years.
The originality of this project relies on the full control of avatars' and/or robots' behaviours by a human becoming a puppeteer. The project will have two clear phases:
- during the first phase (2012-2013), we are going to develop an open source research platform. This platform will consist of sensors able to track human motion in 3D, software programs to convert motion into articulatory parameters and avatars and robots mimicking accurately and in real-time a confederate’s behaviours. The platform will be delivered as an open-source software at the end of the project.
- during the second phase (2013-2015), a series of behavioural and neuroimaging experiments will be conducted to investigate several aspects of human-machine interaction.
- Real-time control of humanoid avatars and robots: teleoperation and teleperception
- Human-Avatar Interaction and Human-Robot Interaction
- iCub robot, Reeti robot, Nao robot